Winter is almost here, so I’m attempting to expand my cooking knowledge to include more seasonal items, so it was only a matter of time before I tried cooking with squash. I’ve stopped searching Google for recipes and I have yet to find a Paleo food blog that I *love*, so I turn to Pinterest to look for dishes that I think will be appetizing. When searching for ways to prepare spaghetti squash I kept coming across this pin:
Unfortunately this is one of those ghost pins that leads you no where. After some searching I was able to figure out the ingredients of normal squash carbonara and then searched for videos on how to poach an egg (another thing I have never done) and created my own recipe that turned out really well!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 4 Pieces of Bacon
- 2 Eggs
- Oil (I used Avocado)
- Salt & Seasoning to Taste
- Cut the Squash in half and scoop out all the seeds.
- Drizzle a little oil and sprinkle some salt on the top of the squash.
- Turn upside down on baking pan and put in oven at 375 for 40 minutes.
- Roast garlic to your liking. (I cut the top off, sprinkled oil and salt on top, covered with foil and put in over with the squash).
- Cook bacon to your liking (I prefer extra crispy). Be sure to keep the bacon grease to toss in with the squash.
- Poach eggs. I poached one per serving, but you could poach more depending on taste.
- After squash has been cooked, remove from the oven and let cool. Using 2 forks, scrape out the squash and put into a big bowl. Add bacon grease to coat squash.
- Time to serve!
What other winter dishes should I be trying out?