One food I love and crave at least once a month are wings. In high school I would go to Jim’s Wings in Fort Collins every week for their .25 cent wings. Those were the days. Everyone I knew would be there, stuffing their faces and getting hot sauce and ranch all over their hands and cheeks.
Most chicken wings at restaurants aren’t really Paleo since they come breaded and instead of baking chicken wings, I decided to dig out the crockpot and make some shredded buffalo chicken. A quick Google/Pinterest search didn’t find any Paleo recipes to I made one up. It turned out to be surprisingly easy and quite delicious! We ate the chicken wrapped in lettuce with shreds of carrots and celery, topped with Tessemae’s Hot Sauce. I even have enough left over for lunch tomorrow!
Pretty sure the reason that this chicken turned out the way it did was because of Tessemae’s. They make some of the best hot sauce I’ve ever tasted, and these are the ingredients:
Olive Oil, Organic Lemons, Vinegar, Cayenne Peppers, Organic Garlic, Mustard (filtered water, spices), and Sea Salt
That’s it! You really can’t get more natural or Paleo than that. Trust me, it is delicious.
Here is the visual representation of the steps I took:
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- ½ of a Yellow Onion - chopped
- 2 pieces of Celery
- Handful of chopped Garlic (not necessary)
- 1 Jalapeño (for added spiciness - not necessary)
- 2 Pieces of Bacon
- 1 bottle of Tessemae's Hot Wing Sauce
- 4 tbsp Water
- Head of Butter Lettuce
- Add the water to the crockpot.
- Lay the Chicken in the water, evenly spaced.
- Add onion, garlic, celery, and bacon to the crock pot.
- Drizzle about a ¼ to ½ of the Tessemae's bottle on top of all of the ingredients.
- Turn on the crockpot and let cook for the next 8 hours.
- When done, drain the water and hot sauce from the crock pot. Use two forks to gently all of the chicken and bacon apart.
- Add a serving to your butter lettuce and top with Tessemae's, carrots and celery.